2011 Holiday Baking Guide

2011 Holiday Baking Guide

Filed under the “highlight of my month” column, there are still 17 days until the universe resolves to kick carbs … and sugar … and butter (except not if you’re Norwegian) to the curb in the new year. This leaves us with more than two full weeks to challenge the stretch threshold of our favorite spandex couture.

And so I present to you a selection of seasonal sweets featuring all of my butter-filled, chocolate-dipped, sprinkle-topped favorites:

For more festive fare, check out my 2009 and 2010 holiday baking guides, and get a taste from around the Web with treats from a few of my favorite food blogs:

10 Responses to “2011 Holiday Baking Guide”

Julie @ Table for Two — December 14, 2011 at 1:40 pm

thanks for posting this, Kelly :) it’ll help me decide what to bake to bring to my boyfriend’s family’s house for Christmas next week :)

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — December 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm

awesome recipes!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — December 14, 2011 at 3:25 pm

This is great…thanks for sharing! Ironically, I was just thinking this morning that my habit of Christmas cookies for breakfast needs to come to an end shortly.

• Kelly replied: — December 14th, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

I agree, Kelli! I have had more butter and sugar in the last two weeks than I care to admit :)

Elizabeth @ Saffron Lane — December 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Well, I’m definitely part of the spandex couture elite this year although, I must say, it’s been quite worth it. Your roundup of recipes is just lovely — and tough to decide on a favorite (always a very good sign!).

• Kelly replied: — December 16th, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

Thank you, Elizabeth! I am so happy to have found your blog :)

Brooke (Baking with Basil) — December 22, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Can I start the 2 weeks over again?? I want to make all of these! Those pecan pie bars look sinfully rich and decadent!

• Kelly replied: — December 22nd, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

Haha, absolutely Brooke! And the Pecan Pie Bars are my new favorite :)

1. Pingback: Holiday Baking Guide « Utterly Smitten