Video: Easy Homemade Candied Bacon

Crispy bacon takes a turn on the sweet side with this simple technique and recipe for how to make candied bacon. Sound challenging? Making candied bacon is a total breeze thanks to a secret ingredient that guarantees that famous crackly crunch.

Serve up this sweet-meets-salty side with Banana Nut Pancakes, Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins, Overnight Egg and Sausage Strata, and more breakfast favorites.

Related Recipe:

Featured Kitchen Equipment:

Craving more? Subscribe to the Just a Taste YouTube channel and stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links in this post.

15 Responses to “Video: Easy Homemade Candied Bacon”

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — September 20, 2013 at 8:24 am

Love, love, love this video series, Kelly! The opening and closing music is happy and perfect for Fridays. It always makes me want to do the “Just a Taste Jig.” ;) You do such a fine job. And, candied bacon? I’m there! You always manage to take a more difficult recipe then simplify it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

• Kelly Senyei replied: — September 20th, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

Haha! I absolutely LOVE the coining of the “Just a Taste Jig!” :) Thank you, Stacy!

Tieghan — September 20, 2013 at 8:36 am

Who does not love some good candid bacon?!? This is just too good and perfect for Saturday morning!

cassie — September 20, 2013 at 8:53 am

I love how simple this is. Turbinado sugar is a great tip, too!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — September 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

Mercy!!! This looks just too amazing!!!

Abbe Webber | This Webber Life — September 20, 2013 at 11:03 am

Oh Shooooooot…. this is the recipe I’ve been wanting to make but purposefully NOT made because I know I’ll be addicted! Looks devine!

• Kelly Senyei replied: — September 20th, 2013 @ 7:05 pm

I’m right there with you, Abbe! It’s a blessing and a curse to know how to make candied bacon!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — September 20, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I love candied bacon! If I could I would put it in everything.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — September 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm

LU-HUUUUUUVEEEE It.

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — September 20, 2013 at 3:58 pm

There are not many things better in life than candied bacon! Amazing!

ashley - baker by nature — September 20, 2013 at 6:24 pm

It’s Friday; I’m in love!!! With this baaaaacon!

Gaby — September 23, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Bacon makes every day better!

vanillasugarblog — September 23, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Candied Bacon.
    Just those two words alone can bring the saliva glands awake and working!
    LOL
    You know?

Angie | Big Bears Wife — September 24, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Loved the video. My hubs will be drooling over these!

1. Pingback: Homemade Caramel Popcorn with Bacon Recipe | Just a Taste