Video: Tips & Tools for Perfect Pancakes

This week’s video segment is a special collaboration with Better Homes & Gardens Delish Dish blog and features my tips and tools for making the best-ever pancakes. (Hint: It’s all about the fish spatula!)

I was thrilled to be invited to share my personal tweak on a Better Homes & Gardens recipe with Delish Dish readers. And given my love of all things pumpkin, I couldn’t resist adding a tropical twist to classic pumpkin pancakes. Sound intriguing? Head over to Delish Dish to check out my recipe for Pumpkin Coconut Pancakes topped with toasted coconut and chopped pecans and put your pancake-making skills to the test!

Related Recipes:

Featured Kitchen Equipment:

Craving more? Subscribe to the Just a Taste YouTube channel and stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links in this post.

16 Responses to “Video: Tips & Tools for Perfect Pancakes”

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — October 4, 2013 at 9:58 am

My pancakes never look perfect like this! Great video!

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — October 4, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I’m inspired to make pancakes for tomorrows breakfast now! Thanks Kelly :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 4, 2013 at 1:43 pm

This is great b/c I get comments from readers about having doughy-in-the-middle pancakes sometimes. I always just want to say….cook them a little longer :) Now I can show them your video!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — October 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Love the tips! Definitely going to have to put a few of them to use the next time I make pancakes!

Happy Valley Chow — October 4, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Love your videos Kelly! The most important step in my book is the “DO NOT TOUCH” after the flip part. I need to pick up one of those pancake batter dispensers, they are so nice. Is the one you have easy to clean??

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — October 4, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Perfect tips and vid for those new to making pancakes, Kelly! The trick really is to be patient and wait, then not flip again, isn’t it? Love the pancake batter dispenser for evenly sized pancakes. So easy! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely Fall weekend, girl. Already pinned! xo

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — October 4, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Now I want pancakes… LOL

Tieghan — October 4, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I love you tips and your cute video. I need to try letting my batter sit for 30 minutes. I always wait 10, but I bet 30 makes for some killer pancakes!

Head of to BHG to check out your tropical twist!

Gretchen — October 5, 2013 at 10:37 am

Love me some pancakes! Just made pumpkin oatmeal pancakes this morning. Love your coconut pumpkin recipe, must try soon. Plus I can add a sprinkle of my new favorite thing on top, toasted coconut almonds!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — October 6, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Wonderful pancake tips! Thanks for sharing, Kelly! Love your videos!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — October 7, 2013 at 5:48 pm

The pancakes look perfect and you’re adorable in the video.

Cass @foodmyfriend — October 7, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I love making pancakes but as soon as I have to change the cook top for them – they never look the same!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — October 8, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Now you’ve got me craving pancakes, girl! Fabulous tips and tricks. I love your video series!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — October 10, 2013 at 8:56 am

Yay! Love the tips, super helpful!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — October 10, 2013 at 11:40 am

I’m awful at making pancakes! haha loved the video!

1. Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe | Just a Taste