Food Network Magazine has a fascinating article that lists 25 things restaurant chefs would never share with the public, unless of course it’s done so anonymously … and to a nationwide publication.
I’ve highlighted my take on the most interesting finds below, but you can check out the full article here.
Just a Taste of “25 Things Chefs Never Tell You”
1. The five-second rule actually applies.
2. Menu “specials” are often experimental dishes.
3. “Vegetarian” is open to interpretation.
4. Chefs hate working on New Year’s Eve more than any other holiday.
5. Your bread basket might be recycled.
DISH: Any chefs out there care to dispute the claims?