What better way to put that leftover Halloween candy to use than to whip it into a homemade dessert? Grab your bulk-purchase favorites and use them as toppers on this quick-fix mix for super moist blondies. I used up my leftover Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on this first batch but would also suggest trying Snickers, Butterfinger or Andes Chocolate Mints for a sweet twist atop this comforting classic.
Peanut Butter Blondies
Yield: 16 blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to hang over the sides. Coat the paper with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the butter with the sugars until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and stir in the flour and salt just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Sprinkle the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let pan cool completely then remove the baked blondies using the parchment overhang and slice and serve.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from YumSugar.