The most classic of cookies gets a welcome makeover with this dunkable recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks.
Brace yourselves. If ever there were a cookie recipe to END ALL COOKIE RECIPES, this right here is the one to do it.
It’s the greatest. It’s the tastiest. It’s the epic…est. What further introduction do they need?
You go on and steal the show, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks!
Just look at those chunks and chips of chocolate nestled ever so plumply in the most incredibly chewy cookie base. And that large-flake sea salt on top? Three words: Get the milk.
These passed every friend, neighbor, husband and child taste test imaginable. They have the quintessential CCC (that’s “chocolate chip cookie” for all my non-dessert fanatics out there) taste, but in better-than-before bar form.
Notice that mix of chips and chunks? Some semisweet, others bittersweet? It’s all about the blend of textures, shapes and flavors. And, of course, my #1 tip for ensuring chewiness in every bite. Read on for the not-so-secret trick!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Sea salt flakes, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch metal baking pan with foil so that it hangs over on the two longer sides then grease the foil with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt then add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add the baking powder and flour and mix until combined then add 2 cups of chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, smoothing it into an even layer. Top it with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for about 30 minutes or until they are still slightly underdone in the center. Remove the pan from the oven, immediately sprinkle the cookies with sea salt (optional) and allow the cookies to cool completely in the pan.
- Using the foil overhangs, lift the cookies out of the pan then slice them into sticks and serve.
- I like a mix of semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips, but use whatever chocolate (or combination of chocolates!) you prefer.
- The real key to chewy cookies is to underbake them then allow them to cool completely in the pan.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.