Low carb doesn’t have to mean low flavor. An overnight marinade ensures a pungent punch of fresh ginger, garlic and soy sauce in these Honey-Soy Beef Lettuce Cups. And all that flavor means there’s no need for high-sugar, high-calorie dipping sauces. A touch of honey caramelizes the meat, while crisp lettuce, carrots and scallions add a fresh crunch to every bite. Low carb never tasted so good.
View the NBC5 segment featuring this recipe.
- 1 ½ lbs. top round or flank steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- Combine the strips of beef, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil in a gallon-size plastic bag.
- Seal the bag, place it in the fridge and allow the meat to marinate overnight.
- Remove the marinated strips of steak from the fridge and place a heavy-bottomed skillet or grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill the strips of steak for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they reach your desired temperature.
- Assemble the dish by filling each lettuce cup with a portion of the marinated steak, shredded carrots and green onion.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!