S’mores for every season? You better believe it, because we’re skipping the sticks and steering clear of the campfires with the ultimate s’mores bars that marry my go-to blondies recipe with crushed Graham Crackers, chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and oven-toasted marshmallows.
Why we tend to only enjoy the Graham-mallow-chocolate trio in warmer months remains a mystery to me. It’s as if a marshmallow can only achieve perfect s’morification when suspended over an outdoor flame. But as I recently discovered, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
The only fire you need to make these Peanut Butter S’mores Bars happen in your home comes straight from the oven, which does double-duty baking and then broiling the bars to guarantee the mallows are toasted and golden, just like the campfire classic.
And so with this recipe, I’d like to start a s’mores revolution. A s’morevolution, if you will. I aim to no longer make s’mores a snack confined to summer. I hereby declare Peanut Butter S’mores Bars a 365-days-a-year treat. No sticks, no campfire, no problem.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup crushed Graham Cracker pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so there's an overhang on two sides. Coat the paper with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the melted butter with the sugar and light brown sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and stir in the flour and salt just until incorporated. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and ½ cup of the crushed Graham Cracker pieces.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and top the bars with the remaining ½ cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, remaining ½ cup Graham Cracker pieces and mini marshmallows.
- Set the oven to broil. Return the pan to oven, 3 to 4 inches from the flame, and broil the bars until the marshmallows are toasted. Remove the pan from the oven and allow bars to cool completely in pan.
- Once the bars have cooled, remove them using the parchment paper overhang. Slice into 16 squares and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.