S’mores for every season? You better believe it, because we’re skipping the sticks and steering clear of the campfires with the ultimate s’mores bars that marry my go-to blondies recipe with crushed Graham Crackers, chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and oven-toasted marshmallows.
Why we tend to only enjoy the Graham-mallow-chocolate trio in warmer months remains a mystery to me. It’s as if a marshmallow can only achieve perfect s’morification when suspended over an outdoor flame. But as I recently discovered, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
The only fire you need to make these Peanut Butter S’mores Bars happen in your home comes straight from the oven, which does double-duty baking and then broiling the bars to guarantee the mallows are toasted and golden, just like the campfire classic.
And so with this recipe, I’d like to start a s’mores revolution. A s’morevolution, if you will. I aim to no longer make s’mores a snack confined to summer. I hereby declare Peanut Butter S’mores Bars a 365-days-a-year treat. No sticks, no campfire, no problem.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup crushed Graham Cracker pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so there's an overhang on two sides. Coat the paper with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the melted butter with the sugar and light brown sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and stir in the flour and salt just until incorporated. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and ½ cup of the crushed Graham Cracker pieces.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and top the bars with the remaining ½ cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, remaining ½ cup Graham Cracker pieces and mini marshmallows.
- Set the oven to broil. Return the pan to oven, 3 to 4 inches from the flame, and broil the bars until the marshmallows are toasted. Remove the pan from the oven and allow bars to cool completely in pan.
- Once the bars have cooled, remove them using the parchment paper overhang. Slice into 16 squares and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
Made these bars over the weekend and they were gone in no time! Whipping up another batch tomorrow :)
So thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, Jacki!
I would like the recipe for peanut butter s’mores
Made these today for my Grand kids and it smells marvelous! I had a difficult time cutting thru the marshmallows without them sticking to the knife and pulling away from the dessert. I wet the knife which helped but I also think that I will love the temperature of the broiler flame (from hi to low) to allow the marshmallows to melt a little more before their edges brown. I can already hear my Grand kids lips smacking when they bite into these tonight!
So glad you’re enjoying the recipe, Art! :)
Oh my goodness…these are dangerously delicious! My husband and I made these this last weekend and they turned out great! Just can’t eat too many at once! ;-)
These look so amazing, and I can tell I would be instantly addicted!
These sound truly amazing!
I love PB on my s’mores so I know I would love these bars! They look incredible!
i’m on a chocolate and pb kick. i’d love these!
oooooooh!!! Drooling over these gorgeous, delicious, PERFECT bars!!
Thanks so much, Kayle!
I 100% support this s’morevolution!!
I WILL make this by the end of summer. These look way too delicious!!
These look soo good. I love anything s’mores, and I’m sure these don’t disappoint!
These bars look absolutely gorgeous! Peanut butter sounds like the perfect addition to s’more bars :)
These bars are seriously gorgeous!! So much deliciousness in there!
Totally right up my alley! Between the marshmallows, chocolate and the PB!! I’m in :) pinned!
I think S’more bars are the most genius creation. This way you get to eat them, but with out the mess…and without have to wait to roast the marshmallow! HA! These look simply awesome and I love the peanut butter addition!