Sneak veggies into any meal with Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters that come together in minutes and pair perfectly with a cool dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
I’m always on the hunt for fast and flavorful ways to add a veggie component to any meal, from tucking creamy avocado into homemade egg rolls to transforming cauliflower into tater-less tots. And now, if you have 25 minutes and a handful of pantry and fridge staples, you have the easiest and tastiest way to eat your veggies: Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters.
The setup on this one is extra-simple: Shred zucchini and carrots then toss them together with eggs, garlic, scallions and a touch of flour. Scoop the mixture into a hot pan and wait for the crackling to cue you to flip ’em.
The veggies soften lightly in the centers of the fritters, while the exteriors get nice and crunchy. Once you remove them from the pan, give them a quick sprinkling of salt while they’re still hot to ensure the seasoning sticks.
All that’s left to do is decide on your topping of choice. A dollop of tangy sour cream or refreshing yogurt work great, but don’t hesitate to talk a walk on the sweet side with applesauce (just like latkes!).
Looking for more ways to spruce up your veggie side dish spread? Don’t miss recipes for Crispy Baked Onion Rings, Asparagus Pasta Salad, Chilled Sweet and Sour Cucumber Noodles and more family-friendly favorites.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Keep the fritter frenzy rollin’ with additional quick and easy veggie-packed recipes.
5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters: Get the Recipe
Healthy Cauliflower Fritters: Get the Recipe
5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters: Get the Recipe
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream or yogurt, for serving
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes then using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Stir the mixture until it is combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the vegetable mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly and spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes then flip them once and continue cooking them an additional 1 to 2 minutes until they’re golden brown and crispy. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate, season them with salt and repeat the cooking process with the remaining mixture.
- Serve the fritters immediately topped with sour cream or yogurt.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.