Take the stress (and mess!) out of meal time with this quick and easy recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki and Veggies.
I’m coming to you with round 2 of sheet pan suppers! The chicken fajitas are a 5-star hit, so I thought it was time to swap the Mexican spices and tortillas for tangy teriyaki and rice (or noodles!).
I am all about the quick, easy and mostly mess-free dinners these days. And with a 1-year-old who will thankfully eat just about anything—tuna tartare, shrimp risotto and lime wedges included—a meal that can be prepped, tossed onto one pan and then thrown into the oven for less than 30 minutes is a big win in our house.
This recipe for sheet pan chicken teriyaki can be as homemade or as store-bought as your heart desires. Whip up a quick-fix teriyaki sauce from scratch, or keep it super simple with your favorite bottled variety (this one is my all-time fave).
I tried this recipe several ways and found that tossing the chicken with the teriyaki sauce but tossing the veggies simply with olive oil, salt, and pepper allows the teriyaki flavor not to overwhelm the entire meal. And this way, you get perfectly cooked chicken and veggies that can be enjoyed as is for a low-carb dish, or piled atop rice or noodles for a full feast.
Read on for the recipe and head on over to Instagram to keep up with all of my latest adventures in New York City! I’m in Manhattan this week for lots of meetings and lots of eating. I can’t believe it’s been almost 4 years since I moved to the West Coast from the Big Apple, but it sure feels good to be back.
And for all those craving more teriyaki sensations, don’t miss recipes for Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs, Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Teriyaki, and my personal favorite, Crispy Baked Teriyaki Chicken Wings that are perfect for a gourmet gameday or everyday snacking.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought teriyaki sauce
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Rice or noodles, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Grease the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken breasts and bell pepper into 1-inch strips. Thinly slice the carrots into ribbons then cut the ribbons into 1-inch batons. Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Add the chicken strips to one bowl then add the teriyaki sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Add the peppers, carrots, broccoli and sugar snap peas to a separate large bowl. Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Arrange the chicken and veggies on the baking sheet, spreading them into an even layer with as little overlap as possible.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and divide the chicken and veggies among serving plates. Top with sesame seeds and serve alongside rice or noodles (optional).
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
Love this recipe!
I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Sarah!
See More Comments