Calling all spiralizer fans! Looking for the ultimate way to sneak extra veggies into your next meal? This quick and easy recipe for chicken noodle soup swaps the classic egg noodles for zucchini noodles and carrot noodles, which add color, flavor and crunch to a comfort food favorite.
And we have my friend Ali to thank for dreaming up this spiralized take (and hundreds of others!) on the classic soup. Ali is the founder of Inspiralized and the creator of The Inspiralizer, and she and I met at a blogging conference in Utah where we instantly bonded over our mutual passions for food and entrepreneurship.
Ali is also the author of Inspiralized (Clarkson Potter, 2015), which features this recipe for Zucchini Noodle Chicken Soup, plus Zucchini Noodle Manicotti, Carrot Enchilada Bake, Cauliflower Tabouleh Salad and many more creative veggie-packed recipes!
Read on for this quick and healthy soup recipe and find more inspiration for inspiralized favorites with Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles, Sweet and Sour Cucumber Noodles and Zucchini Noodles with Turkey Bolognese.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the broth, thyme, oregano and parsley. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce it to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and carrot noodles. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the zucchini noodles and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes until all of the noodles have softened. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe from Inspiralized (Clarkson Potter, 2015). Reprinted with permission from author Ali Maffucci.