A classic dessert gets a fruit upgrade with the best recipe for fudgy Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies.
Homemade brownies need little improving upon, that is until they’re married to the iconic confection that is chocolate-covered strawberries. Magic happens when fudgy, chocolate chip-studded brownies become the base for such a stellar fruit-filled topping.
How to Make Fudgy Brownies from Scratch
I love a good fudgy brownie, but I also prefer them to be slightly cake-like around the edges so that you get the perfect chewy consistency. This recipe delivers big on the fudgy-meets-cakey front.
I use cocoa powder, rather than melted chocolate, to form the base of the dry mix and then fold in chocolate chips or chunks for an extra punch of cholatey flavor.
The result is a chewy brownie that’s cake-like and sturdy enough to hold a chocolate-covered strawberry topping but also tender enough to make for easy slicing and even easier eating.
How to Line a Pan for Brownies
Aside from a tried-and-tested recipe that will guarantee perfect brownies time and time again, the second most important element of ensuring your baking success comes down to how to line a pan for brownies.
Here are the steps to quickly and easily line a pan with parchment paper:
- Spray: Begin by spraying the pan all over with cooking spray or greasing it with butter. This layer will help the parchment paper stick.
- Measure: Trim your parchment paper to fit inside the pan, making sure that it hangs over two sides. These handles will come in handy when it comes time to remove the brownies.
- Spray Again: Spray the parchment all over with cooking spray, as well as the sides of the pan not covered with parchment.
With perfectly baked brownies that lift out of the pan with ease, it’s then time to turn our attention to the most jaw-dropping topping in existence: chocolate-covered strawberries. But these aren’t your ordinary dipped treat…
Rather than dip entire strawberries in melted chocolate wafers (chocolate chips also work), I’ve opted to quarter the berries and then drizzle them with chocolate. This allows for easier slicing and eating.
Ready to wow guests with the ultimate easy but impressive sweet? Read on for the recipe for Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies!Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 3 cups strawberries, stems removed
- Chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper then grease it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, melted butter, water and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powders, confectioners’ sugar and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips then pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the brownies until they are just set in the center and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove the brownies from the oven then let them cool completely in the pan.
- Once the brownies have cooled arrange the strawberries on top, cut side down. Melt the chocolate wafers per the package instructions then drizzle is atop the strawberries. Let the chocolate drizzle firm up then slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- You can also use melted chocolate chips to drizzle atop in place of the chocolate melting wafers.