Add a protein punch (plus extra moisture!) to everyone’s favorite quickbread with a top-rated recipe for Greek Yogurt Banana Bread.
I’ve shared dozens of banana bread recipes, from chocolate-swirled and peanut butter-filled to fruit-topped and sprinkle-studded. All of them rely on various ingredients to ensure a moist loaf with plenty of banana flavor.
I’m turning to one of my all-time favorite ingredients to add moisture (and protein) to everyone’s favorite way to use up overripe bananas. Bring on the Greek yogurt!
The yogurt lends a touch of tanginess to the loaf without overpowering the banana flavor. And then it’s up to you to add any type of mix-in, from chocolate chips to chopped nuts or even additional fresh fruit (try blueberries or raspberries for the best results).
Preheat your oven for this tried and tested recipe for Greek Yogurt Banana Bread, and find extra breakfast inspiration with Healthy Egg Muffins, Secret Ingredient Fruit Smoothies and more early a.m. favorites.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe, darkly specked bananas, mashed well (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (nonfat or regular)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (overhanging on the two long sides) then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the chopped nuts or chocolate chips then scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the pan before using the parchment paper overhangs to lift the bread out of the pan to slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.