This quick-fix chocolate bark recipe features the perfect pairing of salty and sweet. The flavor combinations are endless with this simple recipe – white chocolate with dried pineapple and macadamia nuts, dark chocolate with dried cherries and walnuts, and one of my holiday favorites, white chocolate with peppermint and peanuts. No matter what combination you choose, this salty and sweet duo is sure to satisfy every time.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Make a double boiler by first boiling a large pot of water.
- Add the chocolate chips to a smaller pot, then hold the smaller pot over the boiling water to melt the chocolate, careful not to let any water leak into the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate continuously until it is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate out until it is roughly ¼" in thickness.
- Immediately top with the almonds, dried cranberries and dried apricots.
- Let cool for 1 hour, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut or break the chocolate bark into pieces and enjoy!
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
YUM!!! Just what I needed to satisfy my chocolate cravings along with my addiction to sweet and salty!
Ha! Glad you enjoyed the recipe, Jane :)
Mmmm, this is exactly what I was looking for. I just bought a bunch of dried cranberries and walnuts, my mouth is watering already. Thanks for the recipe Kelly!
Looks fantastic. I’ve been meaning to try making this for a while now. Will have to give it a go!
Ooo, this looks really tasty! I also like that it looks really easy to do. And maybe I wouldn’t feel so guilty eating it because there IS fruit in it.. haha