Wait! Don’t go! If you’re thinking this is some cruel joke attempting to ruin your beloved guacamole, I assure you it is not. In fact, this simple recipe is about to forever change your guacamole-making ways. Allow me to introduce you to the healthiest guac to ever hit your lips (and chips): Creamy Greek Yogurt Guacamole.
This culinary coupling was dreamt up by my friend Rachel (of Leftover Stuffing Waffles fame), who one day casually mentioned how yogurt could lend creaminess and added health benefits (hello, protein!) to everyone’s favorite dip. I must admit, I was skeptical at first. But this is one of those “you just have to try it to believe it” recipes. My guac will never go yogurt-less again!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (non-fat or full fat)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Chips or veggies, for serving
- Halve and pit the avocados then scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl. Add the lime juice to the bowl then use a fork to mash up the avocado until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, red onion, tomatoes and cilantro. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with chips, or store, covered securely with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.