Grab the lemonade for a quick and creamy recipe for Easy Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches.
What do you get when summer’s most sought-after sweet meets the season’s most thirst-quenching beverage?
Easy Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches!
It’s crazy to think how much life has changed since I spent last summer guzzling lemonade (my go-to pregnancy craving) while awaiting Evan’s arrival. We now have both a 1-year-old and a 2-year-old running wild, which means I’m kicking my snack recipe repertoire up a notch and dreaming up every cool, creamy, refreshing option to satisfy even the tiniest of taste buds.
I could think of no better way to cool off than transforming my favorite Florida’s Natural® Brand Lemonade into ice cream. You read that right: Lemonade, meet ice cream. Ice cream, meet lemonade.
It’s the latest concoction coming out of my kitchen as part of the Florida’s Natural Brunch Club, which I’ve been a proud (and hungry) member of for the past four years.
If your immediate thought when it comes to DIY ice cream is, “But I don’t have that crazy-expensive machine!” then this recipe is for you.
If you can stir, you can turn lemonade into the silkiest, smoothest lemon ice cream to ever hit your lips. And that means even 2-year-old Julian has found himself in the kitchen, whipping up “keemers” (ice cream) and anxiously anticipating the point at which we roll these quick-fix ice cream sandwiches in all. the. sprinkles.
The excitement is mutual, as I love feeding the boys homemade snacks, especially ones that not only taste good but also do good. Every purchase of Florida’s Natural Lemonade helps support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a nonprofit that funds childhood cancer research.
This is a summer sweet that is easy to make, refreshingly delicious and supportive of a wonderful cause, making Easy Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches the ultimate intersection of food, family and feeling good.
Ready to see this citrusy standout in action? Tune in to the video below!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 3/4 cup Florida’s Natural® Lemonade
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought whipped cream
- 12 sugar cookies, for assembling
- Sprinkles, for assembling
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with plastic
wrap so that it hangs over on all edges.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a handheld beater), blend the cream cheese, lemonade and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream then pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Fold the plastic wrap up over the ice cream mixture then wrap the pan securely with additional plastic wrap and freeze it until solid.
- When ready to serve, invert the ice cream onto a cutting board. Using a cookie cutter or sharp knife, cut the ice cream into circular servings.
- Sandwich the ice cream between two cookies then roll the ice cream side in sprinkles. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Florida’s Natural for an exclusive endorsement of not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural® Lemonade. This blog post is sponsored by Florida’s Natural®. All opinions are my own.
I used homemade sugar cookies with this recipe and it turned out amazing!
I’m thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, Jane!
Do you mean cool whip-type whipped cream?
Hi Kathy – Yes, Cool Whip or any type of homemade whipped cream will work!