You’ve baked the perfect brownies, and now comes the time to dish them out. So how do you avoid cracks, crumbles and a sticky mess? Read on for my pro tips on how to cut brownies cleanly!
Chocolate lovers rejoice! With a few simple tips and tricks, you’ll be slicing through brownies with precision and ease.
Tips for Cutting Brownies
Before we get to the techniques, let’s chat about how you’re going to set yourself up for brownie-slicing success:
- DO let the brownies cool completely before cutting
- DO press down firmly then pick up the knife
- DO clean the knife blade after each cut
- DO NOT use a serrated knife
- DO NOT saw back and forth or drag the blade
3 Techniques for How to Cut Brownies Cleanly
Any of the below three techniques will guarantee your brownies have clean edges. Pick one or try them all!
- Hot Knife: Run your sharpest knife under hot water for 10 to 15 seconds then dry it carefully and cut your brownies.
- Cooking Spray: Lightly coat your knife with cooking spray before slicing into completely cooled brownies.
- Nonstick Knife: Just as the name implies, nonstick knives work wonders when slicing and dicing through fudgy brownies. They often have ridges or even cutouts along the blade to prevent food from sticking. Check out my favorite nonstick knives on Amazon.
This post may contain affiliate links.