Step aside, zucchini noodles. There is a new fan favorite in my house for the best way to put the summer zucchini surplus to use, and it comes in the form of zucchini fritters. Best of all, you only need five ingredients and 25 minutes to go from everyday veggie to all-star appetizer, side dish or snack.
The setup is simple: Grated zucchini joins forces with sliced scallions, flour and eggs. Patties are formed and pan-fried then served hot alongside a refreshing dollop of sour cream.
These fritters-slash-pancakes (inspired by their culinary cousin, Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes) make any topping or dunkable sauce fair game, from roasted garlic aioli to tahini yogurt dip. But no matter how you stack ’em, top ’em, slice ’em or serve ’em, one thing is certain: Just a taste isn’t enough when it comes to hot and crispy zucchini fritters.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Find more inspiration for your zucchini surplus with a few more top-rated zucchini recipes!
Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles: Get the Recipe
Zucchini Banana Bread: Get the Recipe
3 Ways to Make Zucchini Noodles without a Spiralizer: Watch the Video
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini lightly with salt. Allow the zucchini to stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, sliced scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Add the olive oil to large sauté pan set over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the zucchini fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout. Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve the zucchini fritters topped with sour cream (optional) and sliced scallions.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.