Fritters have become quite the fan favorite around these parts. (Looking at you, 5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters!) And while zucchini, carrots and even butternut squash have gotten in on the fritter fest, I figured it was about time I turned summer’s star produce into a hot, crispy, stackable snack. Welcome to the party, corn fritters!
So there’s good news and there’s bad news when it comes to making this quick and easy recipe. The good news is you can use fresh or frozen corn, which means corn fritters can be on your table 365 days a year.
And the bad news? If anyone else gets a taste of this quick-fix recipe, you’ll be forced to share. And I’ve been quite open about my thoughts on sharing (or perhaps better phrased, “not sharing”) food. #sharingisntcaring
So proceed with caution, knowing that once you pan-fry up a batch of corn fritters, how you allocate them is totally up to you. Just don’t forget a dollop of sour cream or garlic aioli on top for the perfect cool and creamy complement!
The combination of hot, crispy fritters with a refreshing topping is a duo that’s hard to beat. But if you’re looking to make these fritters into a meal (vegetarian or otherwise!), may I suggest frying or poaching an egg or two and serving that atop your tower of golden brown beauties? Break that yolk and dig in!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
And for all those joining in my corn frenzy, don’t miss additional flavor-packed recipes.
Cheesy Roasted Garlic Corn on the Cob: Get the Recipe
Sweet Corn Pancakes with Bacon: Get the Recipe
Garlicky Skillet Corn with Bacon: Get the Recipe
The Fastest Way to Shuck Corn: Get the Recipe
- 3 cups corn kernels (See Kelly’s Note)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sliced scallions, for serving
- Sour cream or garlic aioli, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together the corn kernels, flour, sugar, baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in the eggs and heavy cream until the batter is well-combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the corn batter into the pan, spreading it lightly into a flat, circular shape. Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook them an additional 3 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate, season them immediately with salt and repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Garnish the corn fritters with scallions and serve them with sour cream or garlic aioli for dipping.
- Fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels will work in this recipe. If you use frozen corn, drain off any excess liquid after it thaws.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.