Crispy carb lovers won’t want to miss this quick and easy recipe for Parmesan Pasta Chips, which you can whip up in your oven or air fryer.
Well, the Internet has done it again! The latest viral recipe craze comes in the form of pasta chips. Yes, you read that correctly: Hot, crispy, crunchy and oh-so-cheese pasta chips.
My spin on this viral recipe stars bowtie pasta that’s loaded with garlic and Parmesan. Best of all, this (surprisingly!) addicting snack can be made in the oven or in an air fryer.
How to Make Pasta Chips In the Oven
Pasta chips are easy to whip up in the oven, with the only difference being that they take longer to bake than when you make them in an air fryer. Here’s the basics:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Spread the cooked pasta in a single layer
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they’re deep-golden brown
How to Make Pasta Chips In an Air Fryer
If it was up to me, I’d opt for the air fryer when it comes to making these chips (and tri-tip and chicken nuggets and… !). Not only does the air fryer speed up the cook time (a quick 7 to 10 minutes), but it also results in crispier chips.
Can You Make These Without Parmesan?
Absolutely! If you love the idea of this crunchy snack but don’t want to go the Parmesan route, feel free to skip the cheese and customize them with your choice of additional seasonings and spices. The options are truly endless, from Ranch to barbecue to chipotle. Simply mix up dried spices and stir them in with the olive oil then proceed with the recipe as written below.Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 oz. uncooked bowtie pasta
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Homemade or store-bought marinara sauce, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add it to a bowl. Drizzle it with the olive oil, then sprinkle it with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
To cook the pasta chips in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the pasta in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pasta chips from the oven and serve them with marinara for dipping.
To cook the pasta chips in an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Add a portion of the pasta chips to the air fryer and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stopping and shaking the basket two times. (Note: The pasta does not have to be in a single layer, however it's important to stop the air fryer and shake the basket to ensure the chips don't stick together.)
- Remove the pasta chips from the air fryer and serve them with marinara for dipping.