Many people shy away from salads because the leafy entrees either lack flavor or leave their stomachs wanting more. But this salad with smoky bacon, crisp water chestnuts and a tangy vinaigrette will satisfy even the biggest of appetites. I love to create salad recipes because you have the freedom to pick and choose your favorite ingredients. You can add a diced hard boiled egg to this recipe for extra protein, or throw in some chopped red pepper or shredded carrots for added color.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 3/4 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- One bag of pre-washed spinach leaves
- 8 strips of bacon (or 2 strips per person)
- 1 (8 oz.) container of water chestnuts
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor or blender, combine the white wine vinegar, ketchup, Splenda, Worcestershire, roughly chopped white onion and salt. Puree the dressing until it is well blended.
- While the food processor is still running, drizzle in the salad oil.
- Cook the bacon, chop the water chestnuts and prepare any other desired additional ingredients.
- Plate the spinach and add the crispy bacon, chopped water chestnuts and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of the tangy vinaigrette and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.