I love to create dishes that include as many of my favorite ingredients as possible. Soups are a great way to accomplish this because they’re like blank canvases when it comes to flavor. Start with a chicken or vegetable broth base, add some seasonings, and you can pretty much fill in the rest with all of your favorites. I happen to love the flavor of leeks, so I’m using the root vegetable as a main flavor of this soup and finishing it off with sweet yellow corn and cheesy tortellini.
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white parts only
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, leeks and salt. Let sweat for 6 to 8 minutes until the leeks begin to soften.
- Add the stock, frozen corn and black pepper and increase the heat to high. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the tortellini and cook an additional 10-12 minutes until tortellini are soft but not soggy.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!