Whip up the perfect morning meal with a family favorite recipe for The Ultimate Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich.
Fried eggs, smashed avocado, juicy tomato, peppery arugula, crispy bacon, melted cheddar … should I keep on going?
Just how much better can one sandwich get?
I can answer that question with two words: homemade biscuits. And not just any biscuits!
While you can absolutely use store-bought biscuits for this breakfast sandwich, my recipe for Easy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits takes this recipe over the top.
They’re mixed with frozen, grated butter, which leads to the flakiest texture and little pockets of buttery goodness in every bite.
But the fun doesn’t stop there! Look at how I dressed up these beauties with a hearty sprinkling of “everything” seasoning. It lends both flavor and crunch to each bite, not to mention a little something extra on the presentation front.
Fry up your eggs over-medium, or go for a quick scramble and toss in your omelette fillings of choice. No matter how you stack it, start with homemade biscuits then let the brunching begin!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 homemade or store-bought biscuits, halved (See Note)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 8 strips bacon, cooked
- 4 thick slices heirloom tomato or vine-ripened tomato
- Preheat your oven on the BROIL setting.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice with 1 tablespoon water. Whisk in the olive oil and ½ teaspoon kosher salt then add the arugula to the bowl and toss to combine. Set the salad aside.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan set over medium-high heat, melt the butter then crack the eggs into the pan and cook them until they reach your desired doneness. Remove the eggs from the heat.
- Arrange the four bottom halves of the biscuits on a baking sheet. Place one slice of cheese on each biscuit and broil until melted, about 1 minute, then remove them from the oven.
- To assemble the sandwiches, smash a portion of the avocado atop the melted cheese then top the avocado with two strips of bacon, one slice of tomato and a fried egg. Top the egg with the dressed arugula then sandwich the fillings together with the top half of the biscuit. Serve immediately.
- For added flavor, top off your homemade or store-bought biscuits with a sprinkling of Everything seasoning before baking them.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.