As I approach the one year mark of the launch of Just a Taste, I realize many of you may not have seen some of the earliest recipes – including the recipes that were the original inspiration behind the site. There are unbeatable favorites like Hungarian Wiener Schnitzel (“Little Guys”), 24-Hour Salad, Veggie Bars, and my ultimate quick and easy dessert recipe for Monster Cookies.
I’m sharing the Monster Cookies recipe with you again because it is undoubtedly my go-to recipe for irresistibly addicting flavor (and because I just baked 8 dozen of them, yes they are that good!). These chocolate, oatmeal and peanut butter-packed cookies are gone before the last batch is even out of the oven. Just one taste and I guarantee you’ll be hooked!
Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the white sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then beat in the peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add the the oats and mix until incorporated, and then add the mini M&Ms and mini-chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2-to 3-tablespoon mounds of the dough onto a parchment paper- or Silpat-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.