Don’t be fooled by the name of this family dish. The preparation takes less than half an hour, and you’ll be lucky if after 10 minutes someone isn’t scraping the remnants from the bowl. This recipe has been in the Carberry Family for decades, and it is only with my Grandmom’s approval that it is now being shared with you!
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 lb. bag of small marshmallows
- 1 10- oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained
- Set up a double boiler and combine the eggs, sugar and vinegar in the top pan (be careful not to let any boiling water leak into the mixture).
- Stir the mixture constantly until it thickens then set it aside and let it cool.
- Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Combine the grapes and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pineapple and the egg mixture and then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Now gently fold the whipped cream mixture into to the bowl of grapes and marshmallows.
- Allow the salad to chill for 24 hours before serving.