Ditch the deep fryer in favor of this easy recipe for crispy Air Fryer Egg Rolls starring your choice of ground chicken, turkey or pork.
I never could have imagined how quickly I’d fall in love with my air fryer. Admittedly late to the air fryer craze, I didn’t start cooking with one until six months ago when I finally hit the “buy” button over on Amazon.
It’s incredible just how transformative the air fryer has been in my cooking game. Now that I’ve become one with my air fryer, it’s been a welcome challenge to perfect new recipes for everything from marinated tri-tip to orange chicken poppers to pasta chips (of viral Tik Tok fame!).
What’s the Best Air Fryer?
I did a good deal of research before settling on the Cosori Air Fryer Max XL. With so many air fryer options, I decided on the below criteria when it came time to purchase:
- Amazon Reviews: The Cosori air fryer has more than 55,000 reviews on Amazon. Fifty-five thousand. Take my money!
- Basket Size: I’m cooking for a family of five, which means I need a basket that can fit enough servings to feed us all. The Cosori basket is large enough to hold anything from a dozen dino nuggets to a 3-pound tri-tip.
- Ease of Use: I am a throw-away-the-directions type of kitchen gadget user, and I love how intuitive and easy the Cosori is to use.
How to Make Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer
The technique for air fryer egg rolls couldn’t be more simple! Mix up your filling (loads of options below!), roll it into egg roll wrappers, then give them a good spritz with cooking spray, avocado oil or any other oil that works well in extra-high heat.
Pop the egg rolls into the air fryer basket then fire up the machine and get your dipping sauce ready!
Just 12 minutes later, you’ll be dipping and dunking with the most crispy egg rolls loaded with a juicy filling. Most important of all? There’s no need to cook the ground chicken (or turkey or pork) before wrapping it in the rolls!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Air fryer
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey or pork
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 12 (7-inch) egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Sweet chili sauce, for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground chicken, garlic, ginger, scallions, cabbage, carrots, hoisin sauce and soy sauce.
- Arrange the egg roll wrappers on your work surface. Fill a small bowl with water.
- Divide the filling among the wrappers, placing it in the bottom third corner of each wrapper. (The wrappers should be at an angle so that you’re rolling from corner to corner.)
- Wet your finger with the water and trace around the border of each wrapper. Beginning at the bottom, fold the wrapper up and over the filling, then fold in the two sides and continue rolling until each egg roll is sealed shut.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then spray the tops of each roll. Working in batches, air-fry the egg rolls for 12 minutes, flipping them once halfway through.
- Remove the egg rolls from the air fryer and serve them with sweet chili sauce for dipping.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.