Transform a store-bought favorite into this quick and easy recipe for Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake topped with icing.
Now that I’m well into pregnancy #2, there is no denying that this girl right here is on a carb-heavy diet. And it came as little surprise to me that my top top cravings for both pregnancies have been identical: blueberry bagels and cinnamon rolls. ALL. THE. TIME.
There’s just something about a chewy carb that my boys obviously love. And I am not complaining! So when it comes time to satisfy those cravings, if Blue Chair Bakery isn’t open for one of their world-famous pecan sticky buns, you will find me right here with a fork, a glass of ice-cold milk, and an entire Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake to myself.
And this DIY treat could not be simpler or more satisfying. Because you know it’s going to be good when you’re starting with chopped up cinnamon rolls. Grab your favorite tube-o-rolls and start slicing, then layer those bay boys with diced Granny Smith apples. I love the pairing of the sweet with the slightly sour, but you could opt for any type of fruit. Raspberries, strawberries and peaches would all be welcome additions.
And who in their right mind could resist tossing that accompanying icing? Waste not, want not, I say! You can top your Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake with warm maple syrup or a dusting of powdered sugar, but I like to keep things fast and easy, so icing it is. A quick drizzle on top and you’ve turned a store-bought breakfast-in-a-can into a seriously crave-worthy a.m. item that is guaranteed to win over fans (and preggos!) of all ages.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (12.4-oz.) can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 cup small diced Granny Smith apples (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pour the melted butter into a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Separate the can of cinnamon roll dough into 8 rolls then cut each roll into 8 pieces. (Reserve the icing.) Alternately arrange the chopped cinnamon rolls and the chopped apples in an even layer in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour the custard mixture over the cinnamon rolls and apples.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is golden brown and the custard is cooked through. Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle it with the reserved icing then slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.