All you need is five simple ingredients for this easy, cheesy recipe for Baked Feta Pasta.
Who would’ve thought a simple block of feta cheese could transform into a pasta recipe that just might break the Internet?
If you’ve been dabbling in The TikTok (what us 87-year-olds call it) lately, you’ve likely come across variations of this now-viral recipe by Finnish blogger Jenni Häyrinen. I couldn’t resist giving it my own spin with the addition of white wine and fresh basil.
The setup on this one is simple, and the resulting flavors could not be more vibrant. Simply toss a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes into a baking dish then drizzle in olive oil and add some freshly cracked black pepper.
Give it all a good mix, spread out the tomatoes and then let the star of the show make its debut: a whole entire block of feta cheese. But we’re not done yet!
A drizzle of white wine really takes this dish to the next level, but if you’re not feeling the boozy addition, simply skip the wine.
After a quick bake in the oven, the cheese is softened and the cherry tomatoes are roasted, and their juices join forces with the wine to make one heck of a flavorful sauce.
Mix it all together, stir in your pasta of choice and get your garnish on with plenty of fresh basil. This is truly a one-dish dinner winner with endless customizations. Keep it meat-free or toss in grilled chicken or garlicky shrimp. Not a basil enthusiast? Opt for fresh thyme or oregano.
UPDATE: Due to popular demand (and for those who are not fans of feta), check out Baked Brie Pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh thyme.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (8-oz.) block feta cheese
- 12 oz. uncooked pasta of choice
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 13x9-inch baking dish, stir together the cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Push the tomatoes to the sides of the dish then place the block of feta cheese in the center. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on top of the feta.
- Drizzle the white wine all around the feta then bake until the cheese has softened and the tomatoes are roasted, about 30 minutes.
- While the feta is baking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 10 t0 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and using a large spoon, mash the feta and stir it together with the tomatoes. Drain the pasta then add it to the baking dish, stirring well to combine.
- Garnish the pasta with the basil and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.