Pass the pastry case and DIY with this quick and easy recipe for The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Fall may not officially begin for a few more days, but autumnal equinox or not, one thing is certain: Pumpkin, it’s your time to shine! And shine it does in this quick and easy recipe for The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
We’ve been down this recipe-naming road before, so you know that titling a recipe “the best” or “the ultimate” carries a lot of weight in my book. And these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins have earned that title (and then some).
Moist, packed with pumpkin flavor and studded with semisweet chocolate chips, this single serving version of my all-time favorite pumpkin bread recipe is a baking homerun, a breakfast touchdown and a snack slam dunk. Best of all, you’ll only need 30 minutes from start to finish to make them happen in your home.
Ready for a season’s worth of pumpkin-inspired eats? Check out my lineup of sweet and savory recipes starring pumpkin, including Pumpkin Pie Pancakes, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, Pumpkin Turkey Chili and more.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the pumpkin.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and water to the bowl, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Blend the batter well, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips then fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips then bake the muffins for 18 10 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe adapted from Judy Mahaffa.
Love love love these. Moist and delicious! Fast and easy too. This has become my grandchildrens most requested treat.
Yay! I’m so happy to read this, Barb!
My whole family loves this recipe and asks for it every fall!
I’m so happy to read this, Amy!
Love these muffins. Definitely my go to for an autumn pumpkin treat. I made them with gluten free 1:1 flour and they turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yay! I’m so thrilled you’ve been enjoying the recipe, Christina!
I’m just going to make these but I’m not sure when to add the water?
Hi LeeAnn! You’ll alternately add the dry ingredients and water to the bowl of your stand mixer with the wet ingredients (step 4). I hope that helps to clarify!
My go-to recipe for treats. Easy and absolutely the best. I know I’ve been making these since 2013 and friends/colleagues request them. They’re sooooo yummy! And turn out every time. Love love love them. Thank you!
WOWZA! I love reading this, Amanda! I’m so thrilled you’ve been enjoying (and sharing!) this recipe since 2013 :)
Deelish!!! Roasted my own pumpkin after Halloween! SOOO much pumpkin!!! Decided to use a cup on these and make them in an actual muffin pan (6 muffins in a pan). Baked @ 400 for 20 minutes. Perfect!!! Sooo moist! Made mini pumpkin muffins with the leftover batter… Baked those @ 350 for 15 minutes. Same level of moistness!!! Only used one cup of sugar and perfect sweetness for me! This one’s a keeper! Thanks for sharing!!!
This is what I love to read! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!
I’ve been making this recipe for a couple years now, and it’s our absolute favorite pumpkin muffin recipe! My girls love having this for breakfast, or for a snack!
Yay! I’m so happy to read this, Meg!
Awesome! Thank you
You are so welcome, Katherine! I’m thrilled you enjoyed the recipe!
Made these last night, I did not have cloves or ginger (I need to fix that), so I just used pumpkin pie spice. But they came out delicious, definitely a keeper recipe
I’m so thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, Amy!
See More Comments