Add a fall spin to a classic dessert with this quick and easy recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies!
Cheesecake and brownies have joined forces many times around here, whether it be in raspberry, butterscotch or red velvet form. But because we are currently all about the pumpkin, it was about time fall’s greatest gourd got a taste of a two-in-one dessert duo that marbles chocolate, pumpkin and cheesecake into you-can’t-eat-just-one Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies.
It all begins with a homemade brownie batter base. But because we’re quickly approaching the hectic holidays, I’ll serve this one up straight: Yes, you absolutely, totally and without hesitation could make this exact recipe with a box brownie mix.
This is a No Judgement Zone. And in all honesty, couldn’t we all use a few extra minutes in the day to binge-watch 90-Day Fiancé, eat copious amounts of Jelly Beans and wonder why even our maternity jeans are suddenly extra snug? No? That’s just me? (But seriously, you guys, 90-Day Fiancé … can we discuss?!)
I digress … but the key takeaway here is that marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies do not need to be a labor of love. They don’t need to be a labor of anything. They need to be made immediately. They need to be enjoyed immediately. And they need to not be shared immediately. (You’re going to want this entire pan for yourself.)
And for all those doubting if pumpkin and chocolate actually harmonize together, allow me to point you in the direction of the all 5-star ratings Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to alleviate any doubts. It’s a dynamic duo that must not be missed!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the brownie batter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the pumpkin cheesecake:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg yolk
Make the brownie batter:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over on two sides then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk between each addition.
- Add the flour, and using a spatula, fold it into the batter just until combined. Set the brownie batter aside.
Make the pumpkin cheesecake:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the blade attachment (or using a handheld beater), beat together the cream cheese, canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and egg yolk until creamy.
- Add ¾ of the brownie batter to the prepared baking pan then add the pumpkin cheesecake mixture on top and spread it into an even layer. Drop dollops of the remaining brownie batter atop the cheesecake and use a knife to swirl the brownie batter and cheesecake together.
- Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes or until cooked through but still fudgy. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the pan before using the parchment paper overhangs to lift them out of the pan. Slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.