It’s no secret that garlic is my go-to herb (or bulb, depending on your lingo of choice) around here, starring in every dish from pizza and pasta to poultry and pulled pork. But as we all know, garlic’s real reason for existence is for the one and only cheesy garlic bread.
But this is no ordinary garlic bread. Just imagine if Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread and Secret Ingredient Cheesy Garlic Bread had a blooming onion-inspired baby. The result would be Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread made with only four ingredients and requiring only 30 minutes of your time.
This updated take on the classic stars section after section of garlicky sourdough slices clinging together with the aid of not one, but two varieties of melty cheeses. Simply slice, brush, stuff and bake. And then let the culinary tug-of-war begin!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 sourdough boule (or other loaf of firm bread)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a crosshatch pattern in the bread by slicing it lengthwise then widthwise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave then stir in the minced garlic. Brush the garlic butter inside the bread, carefully pulling apart each section so it’s distributed throughout the entire loaf.
- Divide the cheeses evenly throughout the bread by tucking it into each slice. Place the filled bread on a piece of foil and wrap the foil up and around the bread. Bake the bread for 15 minutes then unfold the foil and bake the bread an additional 10 to 15 minutes until it’s crisped slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
I’m so thrilled you enjoyed it, Cathy!
My family and I loved this recipe. The only downside was having to share!
Making thus bread fir a New Year’s Eve party. Your recipes look so good. I hope this is a hit.
Enjoy! Happy New Year!
This is so amazing! I made it for my niece’s 10th birthday party and everybody loved it! Thank you so much for sharing this!
Woohoo! So glad everyone enjoyed the recipe, Summer!
Just put this on the oven and I can’t wait!
Was super fabulous. Will be making this again!
Woohoo! So glad you enjoyed it, Danielle. :)
I feel like this is some crazy sorcery bread and I need it.
Haha! Thanks, Shikha!
Looks seriously addicting!
Thanks so much, Matt!