Sometimes there are ingredients that are so simple standing alone, but when paired together create the most amazing blend of flavors. This chicken sausage and Brie panini was inspired by a sandwich at one of my favorite coffee shops on the upper west side. The creamy Brie balances out the peppery bite of the arugula while the chicken sausage adds a smoky flavor and depth to this simple panini. If you don’t have a panini press then you can use a heated skillet and press a pan down on top of the sandwich to soften the Brie.
- 1 link sundried tomato and basil flavored chicken sausage
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 2 slices beefsteak tomato
- 1/4 cup lightly packed arugula
- 1 ½" slice Brie de Meaux cheese
- Slice the chicken sausage in half lengthwise and grill on the panini press for 4 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove the sausage and then assemble the sandwich by placing the slice of Brie on one side of the bread and topping it with the cooked sausage.
- Top with the tomato and arugula then the second piece of bread.
- Place the sandwich on the heated panini for 3 minutes until the Brie is softened.
- Slice and serve warm.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!