Sweet and salty join forces in this recipe for the ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Tart.
One of my all-time favorite snacks in college was pretzels (the crunchy, not soft, variety) and M&M’s. I’d pour a bag of pretzels and a bag of M&Ms into a big bowl and then snack all day long on the crunchy, budget-friendly mix.
There’s just something about that salty and sweet combo that makes it irresistible. Add peanut butter to the lineup and Freshman 15, here I come!
Now much wiser and more sophisticated, I’ve taken that same unstoppable trio of pretzels, chocolate and peanut butter and compiled it into a seriously easy, almost no-bake dessert.
The quick pretzel crust bakes for 12 minutes, and while it’s in the oven, you can whip up the creamy center with just four simple ingredients.
The result is a crunchy, salty pretzel tart loaded with a rich chocolate-peanut butter filling. And the final touch? A sprinkle of large-flake sea salt to balance out all the sweetness!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
For the filling:
- 9 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
Large-flake sea salt, for topping
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed pretzels, confectioners’ sugar, flour, butter and egg yolk until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart shell. Bake the crust for 12 minutes then remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool completely.
Make the filling:
- Add the chocolate to a medium bowl.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the heavy cream, peanut butter and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a simmer then remove it from the heat.
- Pour the cream mixture on top and let the mixture sit, undisturbed, until the chocolate melts, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk together the ingredients until the mixture is smooth. If the chocolate still hasn’t fully melted, microwave the mixture for 20-second increments, stirring between each increment, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled tart shell.
- Transfer the tart to the refrigerator until the chocolate has fully hardened, a minimum of 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the sea salt on top then slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.