Whip up an Asian-inspired spin on spaghetti bolognese with a family favorite recipe for Dan Dan Peanut Noodles with Chicken.
Bolognese + Asian fusion = Bologasian.
Welcome to the the perfect marriage of traditional Italian cuisine and intense Asian-inspired flavor. Intrigued?
This recipe goes way back to my high school days, when it was on the regular dinner rotation at our house. And for good reason! It’s hearty, quick to prepare and the leftovers are just as great for reheating on day 2.
You can go the traditional route with spaghetti, or opt for a tubular noodle like rigatoni or penne so that every noodle gets filled with the meat sauce.
It’s as if peanut sauce and bolognese joined forces, the tomato jumped ship and in its place is a flavor-packed trio of garlic, ginger and soy sauce. A little brown sugar adds a sweet element, while the peanut butter brings it all together in one wonderfully creamy, hearty bowl of Dan Dan Peanut Noodles with Chicken.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 pound uncooked pasta, such as spaghetti or bucatini
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- Sliced scallions, for garnishing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it until al dente. Drain and transfer the paste to a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Set it aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan set over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and red bell peppers and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it apart with a spatula, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the prepared sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook it for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add the turkey mixture to the bowl with the pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with scallions and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.