Get dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less with this fast, fresh and family-friendly recipe for Quick Spaghetti Bolognese with Turkey.
Is there a more classic comfort food than good ol’ spaghetti bolognese?
One might argue its cheesy culinary cousin could be a close contender, but when it comes to a hearty dish that doesn’t break the bank and doesn’t take 19 years to make, this recipe for Quick Spaghetti Bolognese with Turkey gets my vote!
It’s the perfect combination of ingredients that lends itself well to store-bought shortcuts but still allows you to go 100% the DIY route if desired. And that translates to using either homemade marinara (try my 10-minute version!) or your go-to jarred favorite.
Your next choice comes down to your preferred protein. When I’m feeling like a lighter spaghetti bolognese, I opt for ground turkey, but if you really want all the delicious flavor (read: fat) of a true meat sauce, a combination of ground beef and pork will work wonders.
Best of all, this quick-fix bolognese freezes like a breeze. So feel free to make a double or triple batch then store it in the freezer. And for easy defrosting, divide your desired portion sizes into individual sealable plastic bags then thaw, warm and serve as needed!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 cups homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti pasta
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan set over medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the ground turkey and using a spatula, break it apart into pieces while it cooks.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add the tomato sauce, dried oregano, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes then taste and season it with additional salt, pepper and sugar as needed.
- While the sauce simmers, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook it until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta then serve it topped with the turkey bolognese and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.