Whip up a fruit-filled pie for any size crowd with this fast and fresh recipe for Easy Peach Slab Pie made with homemade or store-bought pie crust.
One taste of this Easy Peach Slab Pie and I guarantee this stunner of a filling will be your new go-to when stone fruit is in season. It’s just a few simple ingredients: peaches, brown sugar and my not-so-secret ingredient, cinnamon.
I first fell in love with the peach-cinnamon combo in my Easy Peach Turnovers. The spice is subtle but pairs perfectly with the intense sweetness of the stone fruit.
If peeling 5 pounds of peaches seems like a daunting endeavor, you can use this exact recipe, but leave the skin on.
For all those looking to go the extra mile, the fastest way to peel peaches is to drop them into boiling water for 20 seconds then immediately transfer them into a bowl of ice water. The quick, hot plunge allows you to seamlessly peel off the skin, leaving behind the juicy fruit.
Once the filling is in place, it’s time to get creative with your top crust. The options are endless, from cookie cutter shapes to a classic lattice to a trendy braid. I’ve opted for the lattice design, which utilizes an extra box of store-bought pie dough, and then I’ve topped it with crunchy sanding sugar for a bit of glitz.
Slide this beauty into the oven then count down the minutes until it emerges in all of its golden brown beauty. All that’s missing is a scoop or two of No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream and your summer dessert spread is complete!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- All-purpose flour
- 2 (14.1-oz.) boxes store-bought pie crust (4 circular pie crusts total; See Kelly's Note)
- 5 pounds peaches (about 12 medium peaches), peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- Crystal sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly flour your work surface then stack two of the pie crusts on top of one another.
- Roll the crusts into a rectangle measuring 12×17 inches. Transfer the dough into a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan, leaving the edges untrimmed.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sliced peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peach filling into the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Lightly flour your work surface again then use any shape cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the two remaining pie crusts. (The scraps can be re-rolled.) Arrange the shapes atop the peach filling in a single layer.
- Using your fingers, crimp the pie crust around the edges.
- Whisk the egg then brush it over the top and sides of the pie. Sprinkle the top of the crust with sanding sugar (optional).
- Bake the pie for 28 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for about 30 minutes or until the juices have set. Slice and serve.
- If you'd like to make the lattice top crust as shown in the photos, you will need an additional box (2 rounds) of pie crust.
This post may contain affiliate links.