Dinner dilemma? Don’t miss this family-friendly recipe for Easy Pesto Lasagna Roll-Ups made with just six simple ingredients.
Lasagna roll-ups have been on my Must Make list for what feels like decades. And after tackling quick and crowd-friendly Easy Skillet Lasagna (a one-pan-zero-fuss dish) I knew it was only a matter of time until I got rollin’. And roll I am!
I’ve traded the luscious layers of lasagna for their rolled counterparts and added a flavor-packed addition to the creamy ricotta: basil pesto!
Are you doubting the marinara-pesto combo as much as I was? It may seem odd to incorporate two classic Italian sauces into one dish, but one forkful of these flavor-packed rolls and you’ll be chiming in with your own rendition of “When two become one….” #SpiceGirls #IAmOld #AndNotHip
Once the lasagna noodles are filled and rolled, they’re arranged side by side in a pool of marinara sauce then topped with even more sauce and a drizzle of pesto. Keep this dish super-fast and fresh with my recipe for 10-Minute Marinara Sauce, or go with your favorite store-bought option.
A final shower of shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan, and you are well on your way to winning dinner. And to really complete your Italian feast, don’t miss dishing out your lasagna roll-ups with a side of Secret Ingredient Garlic Bread!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup homemade or store-bought pesto sauce, divided
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 1/2 cups homemade or store-bought marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese with ½ cup of the prepared pesto.
- Arrange the cooked lasagna noodles on your work surface then divide the ricotta mixture among the noodles, spreading it the length of each noodle. Divide 1 cup of the marinara sauce among the 8 noodles, spreading it atop the ricotta mixture.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the remaining marinara sauce to the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Roll up the lasagna noodles then arrange them seam side down in the baking dish. Top them with the remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce and ¼ cup of the prepared pesto. Cover the baking dish securely with foil then bake it for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top the roll-ups with the mozzarella cheese and continue baking, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the dish from the oven, top the lasagna roll-ups with the grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
Hi, I made this and it was very good. I changed a couple of things. I put all the pesto into the ricotta cheese so I was able to make 10 roll ups. Used a little extra sauce. I bought 2 jars of Prego Marinara sauce and used both jars. I baked it for 45 minutes because at 30 minutes it was ready. And I made some Italian sausage links on the side. Served it with garlic bread. It was yummy . Thanks
YUM! I’m thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, JM!
My kids love this. They don’t even realize it has pesto, which they’d normally turn their noses up at. And, it’s so easy to make. Delish!
I’m so thrilled to read this, Lindsey!
Kelly, I have made this recipe three times! Fantastic and easy to make. Thank you for the recipe.
Woohoo! I’m so thrilled you’ve been enjoying the recipe, Charlotte!
The easy lasagna roll-ups turned my simple lasagna into something new !!!
YES! So thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, Lorrie!
This is a good, simple crowd-pleaser that doubles easily. It is delicious, and great for our family which includes both vegetarians and non-veggies. It serves up much more easily if you let it cool for about five minutes after you take it out of the oven. Thanks for this recipe!
I’m so thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, Vivian!
Made this for my family last night and the kids loved it. There were no leftovers!! It was so easy to make and delicious. Can’t wait to make it again for my family. For myself since I am gluten-free I used a long strip of zucchini slice and rolled it up just like the lasagna noodles.
I’m so thrilled you and your family enjoyed the recipe, Mae! And I love the zucchini slice idea!
Yum! Love this combo of lasagna/stuffed shells. Looks excellent to make a large batch of and then use for lunch all week!
Absolutely! Leftovers would be delicious for lunch or any meal :)