Are you a fan of chewy, fudgy and oh-so-chocolatey desserts? Don’t miss this recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cookies that comes together in 25 minutes from start to finish!
Calling all soft and extra-chewy cookie enthusiasts! Quick-fix Flourless Chocolate Cookies are the 25-minute dessert of my dreams. They’re extra-rich and fudgy in texture, very brownie-like in taste and the perfect flourless
How Do You Make Flourless Chocolate Cookies?
First and foremost, aside from lacking flour, these cookies are also not made with butter or egg yolks. So what exactly gives them their structure, and most importantly, their shiny, crackly top? A combination of cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar and cornstarch!
This baking trifecta is combined with egg whites and chocolate chips to create a scoopable, loose batter that bakes into perfectly chewy, flourless cookies.
How Do You Make Cookies Less Crumbly?
An important note about flourless batters in general is that they can be a bit stiff to come together. This is a result of the batter containing minimal liquid in order to ensure the cookies can be scooped without spreading too much during the baking process.
In order to prevent the cookies from being crumbly, follow the exact ratios in this recipe and stir, stir, stir and then stir some more! The batter will be very stiff, but get that arm workout in and your taste buds will be thanking you later.
The final piece of this perfect flourless cookie puzzle is the large-flake sea salt garnish. The rich chocolate flavor welcomes a bit of savory crunch, so don’t hesitate to get your sprinkle on with the good stuff (read: Maldon Sea Salt!).
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat it lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the egg whites until the mixture is smooth then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes until the tops are set and crackly. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately sprinkle them with the sea salt. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe from The Cookies & Cups Cookbook (Gallery Books, 2016). Reprinted with permission from author Shelly Jaronsky.