I’m on a bite-sized food kick right now. Between the Homemade Mini Ice Cream Drumsticks and these Grilled Sirloin Sliders with Smoked Bacon, I haven’t had need for utensils in days!
A burger craving prompted me to follow superstar chef Emeril Lagasse’s lead by blending equal parts ground sirloin and ground chuck to make one heck of a beefy, bite-sized patty. Crispy smoked bacon, slices of sharp cheddar, piles of caramelized onions, and best buddies ketchup and mustard transform an array of simple ingredients into sensational sliders. Would you expect anything less from a culinary icon?
I had the lucky chance to hang out with Emeril a few weeks ago while taping an episode for his new show, Emeril’s Table, which airs this fall. More details on that to come, but for now, fire up the flames for summertime sliders and then chill out with my three favorite ways to beat the heat: S’more Shakes, Pineapple Sorbet and Bahama Mama Cocktails.
- 12 ounces ground beef chuck
- 12 ounces ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slider-size brioche rolls or buns, halved
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- Burger toppings: sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions
- In a large bowl, combine the chuck, sirloin, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Use your hands to combine the mixture and then divide it into 12 patties. Place the patties on a sheet tray, cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least one hour (and up to 12 hours).
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium and then add the cheese.
- Brush the halved rolls with butter and place them on the grill to toast.
- Place the cheeseburgers on the toasted rolls, along with the bacon, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions and any other desired toppings.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe adapted from Emeril at the Grill.
Made these for our tailgating party – huge hit! Thank you for the excellent recipe, Kelly!
You are so welcome, Tammy! Glad you enjoyed the recipe!
a.k.a. “the-perfect-bite-burgers”!!! the pickles on top are like the cherry on the cake… You mentioned in a comment above a caramelized bacon jam: sounds heavenly.
Hi Amelia! So great to hear from you. Yes, it’s actually a recipe for Balsamic Onion Marmalade that I use atop burgers, sandwiches and pizzas. Here’s the link: https://www.justataste.com/2011/03/balsamic-onion-marmalade-2/
The photos are utterly gorgeous! I’ll be making brioche on monday, instead of the normal loaf I bake, I’ll be making buns to make these lovely sliders. I’ll also have to make some bacon jam to top these with; I suspect both will go lovely together.
Homemade brioche would make these even that much better! I did a caramelized bacon jam inspired by ‘wichcraft a few months ago … one word: obsessed.
Love the brioche buns, yum!
I’m a brioche fanatic (especially for french toast). Thanks so much for stopping by!
As if these sliders weren’t all ready perfection, that little pickle puts them over the top!
Thanks, Marla! I love a good crunch from a pickle on my burgers and also added a sour bread and butter pickle atop the patties.
Instant Drool. Oh I wish I hadn’t just eaten dinner! Now i’m hungry all over again! Great looking burgers!
Thanks, Jeff! Speaking of drooling … just checked out your Onion Stuffed Potatoes. They look unbelievable and would be the perfect potato match for these sliders…