Swap the tortilla chips for garlicky toasts with this top-rated recipe for Guacamole Bruschetta!
As a California girl at heart, I will find any excuse to enjoy homemade guacamole. This time I’ve put a spin on my guac by serving it up as the centerpiece in this simply delicious bruschetta recipe. And how can you go wrong with this arsenal of flavor-packed ingredients? The crunchy French bread serves as the perfect host to the avocado mixture, which is overflowing with fresh lime juice, tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, medium chopped
- 2 avocados, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½" rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
- Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
- Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!