Calling all Halloween candy lovers! If plain candy bars aren’t cutting it for your spooky soiree, now you can up your Halloween game with this quick, easy and ghoulish Halloween Candy Bark.
The setup is simple: Bittersweet chocolate is melted and topped with bite size pieces of all your favorite Halloween candies. But perhaps the real highlight of this creepy confection is the beady eyeballs that stare back at you. (Hint: I found these candy eyeballs at my local grocery store.)
And don’t let leftover Halloween candy be your last stop on this treat train. Feel free to sprinkle the chocolate with chopped nuts, salty potato chips or pretzels for added crunch. Scary never tasted so sweet.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups assorted candy, cut into bite size pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper, and using a spatula, spread it into an even layer about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle the chopped candy on top of the chocolate then place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for 30 to 45 minutes until the chocolate has fully hardened.
- Remove the bark from the refrigerator and carefully slide it onto a cutting board. Cut the bark into irregularly shaped pieces. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in a cool place.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not republish this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.