Bypass the bread in favor of a low carb (and keto-friendly!) alternative with this quick and easily customizable recipe for Melted Cheese Sandwich Wraps.
Breaking News: Nearly 13 years after launching Just a Taste, the words “keto” and “low carb” have made their debut. I know, I know. I’m just as shocked as you are, but sometimes we all need to pushed outside our (culinary) comfort zones.
We have the latest TikTok viral recipe craze to thank for this oh-so-cheesy bread substitute, and the setup couldn’t be simpler.
Arrange four slices of your cheese of choice (check out the recipe below for recommendations on what works best) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Pop the baking sheet in the oven until the cheese begins to bubble and brown lightly around the edges. Then it’s time to get creative with your sandwich toppings of choice, from all the deli meats to bacon to lettuce, tomato, avocado, and the list goes on… and on… and on!Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 slices cheese, such as cheddar or Colby-Jack (See Kelly's Note)
- Assorted sandwich fillings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the four cheese slices on the parchment paper so that they form a large square but are not overlapping.
- Bake the cheese until it is bubbling and slightly toasted around the edges, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the cheese from the oven, let it cool for 2 minutes, then add your sandwich fillings of choice to the bottom third of the square. Beginning at the bottom, tightly roll the cheese up and over the fillings. Using a serrated knife, slice the wrap in half and serve immediately.
- Cheddar and Colby-Jack work best in this recipe because they melt consistently and do not get too hard once they cool.