What better way to kick off the summer movie season than with a dessert inspired by everyone’s favorite animated spinoff? Minions have been making us chuckle since the days of Despicable Me, but now they’re finally getting a turn in the spotlight with their very own feature film. So it’s time to celebrate the yellow masters of disaster with Minions Cookies!
When my friend Nick mentioned the idea of creating a minions-inspired treat, I immediately jumped at the challenge because the only thing cuter than animated minions, are edible minions. These confectionery creatures are made by decorating one of my favorite store-bought cookies, so there’s no mixing, rolling or baking involved. Add a few candy eyes to the equation and Minions Cookies suddenly come to life. Best of all, this tribe of treats does double duty as cookies or cupcake toppers.
Sit back and snack with my I shared on Facebook, then ditch the popcorn and celebrate the Minions movie in style!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
- Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies (any flavor)
- Yellow candy melts
- Blue candy melts
- Black candy melts
- Small candy eyes
- Large candy eyes
- piping bags
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Melt the yellow candy melts according to the package instructions. Dip one flat side of each cookie into the candy melts then place it on the baking sheet. Refrigerate the cookies for 5 minutes until the candy melt has fully hardened.
- Melt the blue candy melts according to the package instructions. Dip the lower one-third of each cookie into the candy melts then return it to the baking sheet. Transfer a portion of the melted candy melts into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe the straps of the overalls. Refrigerate the cookies for 5 minutes until the candy melt has fully hardened.
- Melt the black candy melts according to the package instructions. Transfer the candy melts to a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe a variation of mouths (smiling, frowning, scowling, etc.) onto the cookies above the overalls. Next, pipe a variation of hairstyles at the tops of the cookies, then pipe a line (below the hair) across each cookie and immediately place two small eyes or one large eye on each cookie. Refrigerate the cookies for 5 minutes until the candy melts have fully hardened then serve or use as a cupcake topper.
- Candy melts and candy eyes can be purchased online (see links in Recipe Ingredients) or at craft stores such as Michael's Craft Supply.
- The cookies can be made a day in advance and stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.