Bacon and eggs aren’t just for breakfast anymore with this easy recipe for One-Pan Bacon and Egg Fried Rice.
I’m not sure why this magical mashup of a breakfast classic and a takeout favorite took me so long to put together. Bacon and eggs? Perfection. Fried rice? Perfection. Marry the two and you have my new favorite one-pan meal for Bacon and Egg Fried Rice.
Aside from a flavor match made in heaven, this recipe ticks another very important box on this mom of three boys’ list: minimal cleanup!
In a single skillet, you’re going to:
- Cook the bacon
- Scramble the eggs
- Sauté the veggies
- Stir in the rice
The real secret to the best-ever fried rice is another time-saver: Use day-old rice. So you can cook the rice a day in advance, cool it completely then pop it into the fridge.
When you’re ready to whip up this family-friendly meal, fire up the burners and get cooking with a fast and fresh spin on Bacon and Egg Fried Rice.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions, plus more for serving
- 4 cups cooked and cooled long-grain white rice (or rice of choice)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Add the bacon to a large skillet set over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until all of the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the paper towel-lined plate. Leave 1 tablespoon of drippings in the pan and transfer the rest to a small bowl.
- Add the eggs, plus a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet and scramble to your desired consistency. Transfer the eggs to the plate with the bacon.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved drippings to the pan (if needed, supplement with olive oil or vegetable oil) then add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, carrots and scallions and stir to combine, then stir in the rice and soy sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, then return the bacon and eggs to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with additional scallions and sesame seeds.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.