You only need 20 minutes for this flavor-packed recipe for Quick Shrimp Scampi.
If shrimp scampi is on a restaurant menu, I will order it 10 out of 10 times. It’s one of those dishes that just makes my taste buds sing. What’s not to love about all that garlic?
I’ve updated the classic to include cherry tomatoes and your choice of pasta, which all gets tossed in a fresh lemon sauce that comes together in mere minutes. We’re talking 20 minutes, start to finish, and it’s all thanks to making the sauce while your pasta cooks. Multitasking at its finest!
An optional dash of crushed red pepper flakes lends a touch of heat, while plenty of fresh parsley adds a pop of herby flavor to every bite of this Quick Shrimp Scampi.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 12 oz. uncooked linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnishing
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, flipping once, until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until it has reduced by half.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using tongs, transfer the pasta from the water to the sauté pan and toss to coat.
- Drizzle the pasta with olive oil then serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.