Nothing says “Happy 4th of July!” quite like an array of glittering Red, White and Blue Oreo Cookie Pops. These finger-friendly treats are the triple threat when it comes to entertaining with ease: They take just minutes to make, don’t require an oven, and, perhaps best of all, can be made up to a day in advance.
The setup couldn’t be simpler: Combine your Oreo cookie flavor of choice with tangy cream cheese in a food processor, then roll the mixture into balls, skewer them with lollipop sticks, dunk them in candy melts and finish ’em off with a shower of sprinkles. The result is a crowd-friendly dessert that does double duty as tabletop décor! Put them on display at your summer barbecue or wrap one or a few in cellophane paper for an edible party gift.
Looking for more ways to add red, white and blue flair to your 4th of July feast? Don’t miss recipes for Patriotic Pavlova with Watermelon Stars, Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Parfaits, American Flag Cookie Cake and more sweet treats.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
- 18 Golden Oreo Cookies (or other sandwich cookies with cream filling)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup red candy melts
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 cup blue candy melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles, for topping
- Food processor; Lollipop sticks
- Add the sandwich cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse just until roughly chopped. Add the cream cheese and continue pulsing until the mixture is smooth and there are no large visible pieces of cookie.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, pinch off pieces of the mixture and roll it into 1-inch balls. Arrange the balls on the baking sheet then insert a lollipop stick into each and freeze them for 20 minutes.
- Once the cookie pops have hardened, melt the red, white and blue candy melts in separate bowls according to package instructions. Dip the chilled cookie pops into each of the candy melt colors, shaking off any excess, and then immediately top them with the corresponding red, white or blue sprinkles.
- Return the cookie pops to the baking sheet. Refrigerate them an additional 5 minutes until the candy melt has fully hardened then serve. (See Kelly's Note.)
- To avoid a flat edge, insert the cookie pops into a styrofoam block to chill standing upright.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.