Now that we’ve unofficially kicked off summer and all things grilled, it’s time to start putting those patriotic plans into place for your 4th of July feast! And what better way to set off flavor fireworks than with a sweet finale in the form of No-Bake Cheesecake Parfaits?
This quick-fix dessert covers all of the red, white and blue bases and stars crunchy cookies, creamy no-bake cheesecake filling, fresh fruit, and the real showstopper, edible glittering stars. Best of all, the components can all be made a day in advance and then assembled the morning of your summertime soirée. No stress, no mess, and no oven required!
Keep the celebration in motion with more red, white and blue desserts, including an American Flag Cookie Cake, Patriotic Pavlova with Watermelon Stars, Easy Strawberry Shortcake and more sweet treats.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Red candy melts
- Red sprinkles
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed red velvet cookies (See Kelly’s Note)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade whipped cream
- Piping bag or sealable plastic bag
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Melt the candy melts according to the package instructions then pipe them into the shapes of stars with a 1 1/2-inch line coming off the bottom of each star. (This will serve as the piece that sticks into the whipped cream.) Immediately sprinkle the stars with the sprinkles before the candy melt sets. Set the stars aside or refrigerate them until they’ve fully hardened.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag or sealable plastic bag.
- Add a layer of the crushed cookies to each serving glass. Pipe a layer of the cheesecake filling on top of the cookies, then top the cheesecake with a layer of blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Using an offset spatula, carefully release each candy melt star from the baking sheet. Top each parfait with a candy melt star and serve immediately.
- Red Velvet Oreos are my go-to for this recipe, but any other red-colored cookie works.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.