Preheat your oven for a crowd-friendly recipe for Sticky Sesame Chicken wings that are baked until crispy.
We are less than two weeks away from the single biggest sporting event of the year, which means party packs of chicken wings are appearing in grocery stores nationwide. So let’s kick off the Super Bowl snack lineup with hot, crispy, baked and oh-so sticky Sesame Chicken Wings!
Forget the fryer because these wings are baked to golden brown perfection. My trick to baked wings that are just as crunchy as their fried counterparts? A baking rack!
Position the wings atop the rack then toss them in the oven. As the fat renders, it melts off the wings, allowing the hot air to circulate all the way around. Translation: Minimum oil, maximum crispiness!
Then it’s time to bathe these crispy wings in a tangy, garlicky sesame sauce. Crushed red pepper lends a touch of heat, making these a triple threat of sweet, savory and slightly spicy.
If you aren’t a fan of sweet-heat, check out a few more of my favorite baked chicken wings recipes:
- Crispy Baked Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Orange Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Moroccan Chicken Wings with Yogurt Dip
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil then place a baking rack on top.
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl. Drizzle them with the vegetable oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the baking rack.
- Bake the wings until they are cooked through and crispy, 30 to 35 minutes. While the wings are baking, make the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook it for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the sesame oil then remove the sauce from the heat. Immediately whisk in the butter then let the sauce cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven then add them to a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top then add the cilantro and sesame seeds and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.