Nothing says “Happy football season!” quite like a big ol’ plate of chicken wings. And while I’m all for breaking out the deep-fryer, I am not about to be stuck babysitting a cauldron of bubbling hot oil while my BFFs tune in to the game from the comfort of the couch. The solution? Crispy Baked Teriyaki Chicken Wings!
Minimize the oil. Minimize the mess. And minimize the culinary babysitting. Simply pop the wings into the oven, grab a beverage (like these Bloody Marys for a Crowd), then toss the crispy wings with homemade teriyaki sauce before choosing whether or not you’ll be sharing this sticky-sweet snack with your game-day cohorts.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse the chicken wings and thoroughly pat them dry. Transfer the wings to a large bowl and toss them with the vegetable oil and ¼ teaspoon pepper until well coated. Position the wings on a baking rack in a single layer ensuring that the wings aren't touching.
- Bake the wings, rotating the pan half-way through, until the chicken is fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the wings from the oven and transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the soy sauce, water, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Cook the sauce, whisking constantly, until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water to make a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the sauce and bring it to a boil for 1 minute then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the sauce until it has thickened to the consistency of syrup, about 5 minutes total.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and toss them to combine. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.