Skip the separate chips and dip and whip up this handheld recipe for hot and fresh Spinach-Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups.
I have a confession to make.
While developing this recipe for Spinach-Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups, I ate not one, not two, not four, but five of them. FIVE. In one sitting. By myself. While 7 months pregnant.
And I don’t know how to feel about that. Ashamed? Proud? Indifferent?
Then my husband came home and ate not one, not two, but three of them. So I beat him by two. But in all fairness, I was eating for 1.5 people so we’re just going to go ahead and call it a draw.
I suppose that’s what’s so addicting about this handheld appetizer. It’s a hot, creamy spinach-artichoke dip that needs no dipping. It needs no chip…ping. It needs nothing more than a hand to lift it from plate to mouth. And as my husband and I both proved, this is not a hard task.
I’ve actually managed to find a way to take the “work” out of chips and dips. Because these baked wonton cups provide all the required crunch of a chip, while at the same time serving as an edible envelope for a classic hot and creamy dip. It’s a twofer!
So if efficiency is your name and creamy-crispy snacks are your game, then allow me to introduce you to your new appetizer all-star that packs a whole lot-o-flavor into every bite. Spinach-Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups: The laziest snack for the smartest snacker!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 of a 10-oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and very well-strained
- 1 (8-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the wonton wrappers in a standard 12-cup muffin pan then spray them lightly with cooking spray. Bake the wonton cups for 5 minutes then remove them from the oven and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and minced garlic.
- Divide the spinach mixture evenly among the wonton cups then return them to the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the spinach mixture is warm and the wonton cups are golden brown.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.